MyAAS and lost connectivity...again.

The "personal" version of Active AirSource

MyAAS and lost connectivity...again.

Postby vic365 » 05 Aug 2010 23:07

OK...just had it happen again. I realize that my lame DSL connection is to blame...most especially during weekday work hours. This time I was in fullscreen and the entire screen went black. Had my cursor and nothing else. Did the CTRL-ALT-DEL thing and there was a message from MyAAS saying it could not connect. I was using online mode at the time. I clicked OK and got another message stating that recording of time had stopped. Clicked something on that window and then...the infamous "Flight simulator has experienced a problem...blah, blah, blah" message and my flight was toast.

Which came (died) first...the chicken or the egg??

Until I get my connectivity issues solved I think I'll leave the MyAAS "online" mode off. What's funny is I had no problem getting my 15 minute weather? That really doesn't mean anything though...I might have been in between RW weather updates when it all went to heck.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: MyAAS and lost connectivity...again.

Postby vic365 » 06 Aug 2010 00:51

Let me update you. I just attempted to refly my first flight in the Travolta bid flights. I started with the MyAAS "online" check box empty (not reporting online). I flew for an hour without any problem. I decided to try Online just to see what happens. As soon as I checked the "Online" box, in the MyAAS window, my screen went black. I did the CTRL-ALT-DEL thing and the message was "Cannot connect to FSUIPC" and when I clicked on that box I got the Flight recording stopped (or some such). When I click on OK I again receive the infamouse "Microsoft Flight Simulator" shutdown message.

Obviously this has nothing to do with my DSL? This was instantaneous as soon as I clicked the "Online" check box. No other problems with DSL/internet were happening at the time...I'm here aren't I?? :P

I was flying the Captainsim (UGHH!) Legendary (FS9) 707 in both instances.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Aug 2010 01:22

Hello Vic,

Have you done any updates recently to windows?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby vic365 » 06 Aug 2010 01:24

None, Tom. None since my last flight that worked.

If history is to be recognized...it's probably something to do with the POS CaptainSim "Legendary" (FS9) 707 product I'm flying...it's an amazingly buggy pile of spoor. But who can blame them for not fixing it, as once promised...what with all those FSX users to fleece? :twisted:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby JSkorna » 06 Aug 2010 02:04

Vic,

Run some flights with MyAAS in Offline Mode and see what happens.

Thanks,

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby vic365 » 06 Aug 2010 02:16

Actually, Jim, I am going to run some flights (ASHA) with it in online, just to prove to myself that it works like it did 2 days ago. If it still fails then I will follow your suggestion. I'm not convinced that it isn't another CS bug...the list is long already for us FS9 users. :roll:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby vic365 » 06 Aug 2010 03:25

HMMmmm...a flight in a CS 130, DGAA to DRRN. No problems with connections...but it only lasted 25 minutes or so because of HUGE swings in altitude? I mean HUGE. I'm out of the CS planes and will be returning this flight. Let's see if an old dependable aircraft like the PMDG hangar repeats this problem or not.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby vic365 » 06 Aug 2010 18:33

Why is it that whenever you try and troubleshoot a problem with FS...you invariable try something that has it's own issues? :roll: The Air Botswana livery for the CS C-130 has some unknown (to me) issue which causes FS9 to crash.

I have flown an ASHA flight in the PMDG 737 and I'm enroute with a different repaint of the CS C-130... both with MyAAS using Online mode. Not a single hiccup.

After the C-130 flight is complete I will try Jim's suggestion of flying the CS 707 bid flight with Online mode off. After I arrive at KLAX and shutdown I will turn on the MyAAS Online mode, before stopping flight recording, and see what happens. That way, no matter what, I will at least be able to pirep the flight :wink:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby vic365 » 10 Aug 2010 01:56

OK...definitely not a MyAAS problem. Happens at the same place of the Florida panhandle every time. So the search begins for the offending scenery/AFCAD. :roll: :twisted: .

I really hate this, I haven't added any scenery in that area in months and have flown there since...WTF is the problem...now?

Oh well...it's not a MyAAS issue so...moving on.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 10 Aug 2010 10:40

That's very strange. I just don't understand what would cause myAAS connection to be lost in that area?

So to clarify, myAAS works in non-on-line mode in that area but errors out if on-line?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby vic365 » 10 Aug 2010 20:26

Nope...MyAAS is working fine in Online mode. What happens is that FreeFlow Florida scenery has an issue in the Florida panhandle area...probably a bridge.bgl but it hasn't been narrowed down yet. What this "black hole" causes is an FS9 freeze and system lockup. It's not MyAAS losing connectivity...it's FS9 and the system locking up. What threw me off was that the first error you see is "Cannot connect to FSUIPC". In hindsight this doesn't indicate a problem with MyAAS, it tells you your FS9, and, in this case, my system, has locked up tight! Only a hard reboot will do. The problem with figuring this one out is that the error messages are not showing except the first one...because the system is hosed, at this point. Once you stunble your way through, if you are lucky, you might see the dreaded "FS9 has encountered a problem...". I finally saw this after 3 freezes and realized what was going on. There was a new BGL which was supposed to fix this FFF scenery issue...but it hasn't fixed anything.

I flew around the problem area (it's around Pensacola) and flew to KLAX without any issues.

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 10 Aug 2010 22:35

Ahh, ok thanks for the detailed explaination. Clear now :wink:

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to MyActive AirSource Version 1 [Obsolete]